Monday, April 4, 2011

March 21st...

Well this week was really busy. We had 11 lessons go through-the most I have had in this area-with many others that cancelled. So we are making some progress. Its just sad seeing people not accept what we offer them. But its okay. I was again able to go on splits which was very fun. I got to teach and work in differenct areas this week and I really enjoyed that. Its been nice using the 'well I will be in America that week, so we will have to meet earlier' excuse. It works every time. I have been calling alot of people and they have just been busy but whenever I use it, they are suddenly free and ready to listen. Way funny. So the deaf guy we have been teacing Erik finally came to church. We had one Elder sigingin to him and another member typing everything that was being said. So hopefully he enjoyed it. I didn't really get to talk to him. We had President and Sister Dance with us on Sunday and they spoke so we had a lot of people to sacrament meeting. It was just a really good afternoon. Funny story. I was with Elder Broby and we were knocking and I rang a door. The lady answered and wouldn't let us in because she didn't know us. I explained that we are young, polite, nice boys from America wanting to talk about God and that she doesn't need to worry. She said 'hold on, I am going to ask Jeesus' so she did and the line went dead. So I called her door again and she said that she prayed and didn't get a sign. So I explained to her that we were the sign and that God had in fact directed us to her. She said okay, and let us in. So we taught her and she was way nice. Crazy religious but it was definitely a good experience. They are going to meet with her again tomorrow so we will see how that goes. I am loving my Book of Mormon reading. It is going so good. I hope you are all learning something from it. Well I guess that is all from me this week. My email next week will be loooong! So watch out. I love you all. Pray for me this last week that we can be successful in finding those souls that are ready to hear our message.
Armastusega,
Vanem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment