Monday, July 19, 2010

Hi...

Well hello,
Another week. Crazy. Well, there was a baptism this week. How freaking awesome!!! We had 9 investigators total at the baptism. It was such a huge success. Valdo was so excited. Harri was able to baptise him. He was so nervous as it was his first time, but he did amazing. We were proud. I got to do splits with the other elders this week and that was really fun. Switches my days up a little. We did service this week at an old ladys grave. We pulled all these plants of it, hoed it, put a tarp down, and covered it with sand. She was very grateful. haha. I had a blast. The weather has been so hot. But on Tuesday we were walking to the church and the clouds rolled in and just dumped on us. So me and Elder Elmer were just soaked through. We had to teach english like that too. It was really nice to have the cool down. Its been about 35 degrees here-warmer than Spain. All the Estonians are sure to tell as that. They like when they beat other countries at anything. haha. We found a new guy this week and he is awesome. We were teaching him a second and he just answered every question perfectly. So we are hoping ot meet him again and committ him. He was 3 deceased children and he liked the fact that he could see them again. The gospel is amazing. My sewing is, well, amazing. haha. I sewed a bag with a zipper. All my little projects I just give to random members here in Tartu. It is really cool for me. They love them too. I made a scripture case for one member and then just a bag for outside for another member. They were so excited. Now I am attempting a skirt. A girl said she couldn't come to church because she didn't have a skirt so my companion said I would make her one. We'll see how it goes. haha. You guys probably think I am so weird. haha. But I need to find something to entertain me at night. The Jakes-a missionary couple from Riiga-were up here this weekend. So they were able to see the baptism. Aftwerwards, they took us out to dinner which was way nice and way good. Then they spoke in sacrament and taught class. So all the missionaries were busy translating. It is so weird how everything is so clear to me, and so foreign to them. I understand it completely and they just thought it was jibbersih. The gift of tounges is real, and I possess it. Heavenly Father is the man!! Transfers are Wednesday and we hear tomorrow. I could very possible leave, but I really hope I don't. I feel like I have more to give to this branch. I love it so much here and I just don't want to leave. Plus I love being district leader. I love planning district meetings and holding them and just helping this branch. I feel like we are just starting to have alot of progress and I want to keep it that way. This place is like my baby...I can't let go. haha. But I know if I do have to leave, it is Gods will. And who would I be to mess with that right? We have been working with Joosep more. He is a 20 year old less active. We met with him last night and he is just lost. Its hard for him being a member here in Tartu and not having anyone his age. But he has a desire to serve a mission, so we are just going to try and help him with that. He would be amazing. We are losing an awesome couple here in the branch-another blow to Tartu. They are both going to Tallinn to study, so that is a bummer. Maris teaches us Estonian and Vend Crandall is an American-he served a mission here 5 years ago and married Maris-he is our first counselor and he just always has my back. So I am just way bummed about it, but again, Gods will. Well I am rambling on and on so I better close for the week. We get to go to the zoo today with Peeter and Kärt (my favorites). Kärt is leaving for America soon so it will probably be our last time. I made her a book cover for a going away present. I hope she likes it. Anyways. I love you!!! Until next week!! :)
Armastusega,
Vanem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment