Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th!!

Hey,
I hope the fourth of July was fun for all of you. We spent it at Tiinas house. She is a member and we helped her move into her new place on Friday so we had a party there with some of her friends. We ate pizza and mashed potatos. Really good. haha. This week has been a really good one. We have been working with a less active named Mart and he is now coming to church regularly and willing to teach with us. So I was talking to Vend Lutt and he mentioned how he lives in Marts same building and he couldn't believe how much Mart has changed. He said 'I don't know why, or how he has changed but he just wants to be better now and go to church and help missionaries.' So our work wiht him is really paying off. We are also working with a kid named Joosep. He is about 21. He's now way active but I think he is starting to come around. It is really hard to be an active young male in the church in Estonia. There just aren't that many around here. So he has sturggled a bit. But he wants to be better. He came to church yesterday and wants to teach with us today, so that is awesome for us to here. He wants to prepare to go back to the temple and I hope he can just keep this drive for right now. We spent a day looking for a new teaching center and that was really fun. I was talking real estate...in Estonian. I can't fathom that I am doing that. haha. But we found a really cool place right in the main square. So I hope it works out. We also started to english classes this week. I love teaching the english classes and at first they think we are so weird in white shirts and being missionaries. But they warm up. So its really fun. I really look forward to it. We taught Marja this week. She just called out of the blue and wanted to talk about the Book of Mormon. So we went over and she made us chocoloate covered strawberries and snacks. She has a wall covered in things she has learned about the book of Mormon, but she will not be baptized. I just think she is confused. She gave me so baby socks for my kid when I have one. It was pretty nice. She made them herself. haha. It was fun. So the coolest news. Yesterday was fast Sunday. So all the members were bearing their testimonys and then Kerli got up. She talked about how much this church has changed her and how much she has learned and grown. How 'her missionaries' have taught her so much and that she knows this is the only true church!! I was so impressed. I felt like a proud dad watching their kid graduate school or something. It was really cool. Amazing. So worth it. Well all for now. Until next week.
Elder Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment