Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28th!


Well Hello,
Can I just say that this week has been....awesome!!!! It started out with Jannie Päev. This is a big holiday here in Estonia. It is kind of like fourth of July. There is alot of camping and parties and parades and stuff. We went out to a manor on the edge of town to a party with a member. We got to shoot paintball guns for a little bit. That was way cool. But night time is when everything really happens...and we were home. So that was a bummer. They celebrate this day because it is the longest day of the year. I woke up at 3 am and it was still light outside. So that was pretty cool. Then Thursday was the baptism. So many members turned out for it and it was amazing. Kerli showed up in all white...even down to her shoes. She was just so excited. When she came out of the water she said she just feels a peace and everything seems more clear. We taught her the next day to start retention and she just looked so different. She was so much happier and just...I can't explain it. She just looked different. Sunday she was confirmed the newest member into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was so awesome. She wanted Elder Elmer and I in the circle when she received the Holy Ghost. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong. I just couldn't believe how good the member were to her. They brought her flowers and I made her a Book of Mormon book cover (yes, I sew now...i'm amazing) and Elder Elmer gave her a pillow with Choose the Right on it. It was so rad. Such a good week. Teaching wise it was slow. So many people were out of Tartu and couldn't meet. But...amazing week! So I think that is all for that! haha. I will send pictures. Oh ya. We ran out of minutes on our phone as well so we can't call anyone until the first. I feel so handicapped without a phone. Its hard to do missionary work. haha.
V. Boyce

Ps. New Address.
p/k 66
51002-Tartu
Eesti (Estonia)

No comments:

Post a Comment