Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13th...

Well Hello!!!

Big news!! My sister is pregnant!!!!! Heck yes. I am going to be an uncle twice over. The Estonians say I am a 'very rich man' because of this. So I am doing absolutely wonderful! Can I just say, I love Tallinn and my companion is the best. We have an absolute blast here. We have had the funnest week. Tallinn is huge, way bigger than Tartu or Pärnu so yes we were enjoying ourselves getting lost everyday. It was just way fun. We have no investigators or potentials or contacts beacause our area was ran my sisters and then closed down for 12 weeks. So pretty much we are starting from scratch. We have just been contacting and knocking like crazy. People are very different here. They are much more busy and less open to talk with us. And the most annoying part, that answer back to us in English. Yuck. I hate english. haha. Especially when we can both talk in Estonian with each other just fine. But we are still working hard and trying to find those people that are ready. It takes about 20 minutes to get into our area, so we only went in on Wednesday. We went knocking for like 3 hours and lets just say, there are some huge dogs. You would've have been hysterical watching us check the gates for 5 minutes to see if there was a dog or running from dogs or jumping and screaming because dogs scared us. But really I am loving it. This just makes me not want my time to end. I live right in downtown Tallinn as well and it is so fun. Reminds me a lot of Salt Lake. There are so many people and sky scrapers and we just love it. haha. So Eda from Pärnu was baptized on Saturday by Bruno (who was baptized 3 weeks ago). She called us and was just super excited about it. We were way excited too. We haven't really found any investigators yet, but we are working on it. Miracles are in the works right as I am typing. Our branch is huge. Its like a ward. haha. Well not quit. But there are about 60 active members, tons of priesthood. They just don't need missionaries here. It is weird, because we are so needed in Tartu and especially Pärnu. So its a different feel. But i like it because we can just focus on finding people. Way good week. I hope you are all doing well. I will attatch pictures.
Elder Boyce

Enjoy the pictures. There is an 'american' store here called stockmans. The oreos are 10 bucks. haha. but they had bisquick and...wow. Just amazing. haha.









No comments:

Post a Comment