Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27th...

Hello my friends in America!!! Maybe Estonia as well.... This week has been so busy, but so succesful. We had the training by President Dance and it was so much fun. I learned so much stuff. We did a lot of practices about calling on the holy ghost when we are teaching and getting more comfortable with silences to really listen during a teach. It was also really helpful beacuse we learned that while we are having companionship study; say we have a really difficult investigator that we don't really know what to do with, we can each pretend we are the investigator and teach 'him' and recieve revelation how to better understand him and know what to teach. It was just a really good training. President seemed to single me out to in all the teachings and was helping me and it was awesome. He seemed to always be my companion and it just went really well. He seems to have loosened up so much or else I am just liking him more. haha. But I really enjoyed myself. We went knocking this week and we got to this really beautiful house with no dog. So we rang the doorbell and this man walked out and I thought 'okay, we're leaving!'. But he invited us in, we taught him, and he promised to read. Then on Friday we did splits for a little while and me and Elder Jenkins taught a 15 year old couple and they were way good and way intersted...so yes, we got 3 new investigators this week. Way awesome. Its about time. hahaha. Then the best day was Sunday. District conference in Tallinn!!!! I got to see all the members from Tartu and Parnu. It was so much fun. Man I missed them all like crazy. It was so much fun. I got to see Bruno, Tiia and Jaana. I made Jaana a book cover and she was so worried I was going to forget but when she saw it she said "nii armas!" So that was really good. I was really excited she liked it. I also made Eda a book cover and she was excited as well. We just had so much fun being together. It was amazing also...we sang 'The Spirit of God' and I heard it in 3 languages. English, Estonian, and Russian. I mean, does that happen anywhere else? It just touched me. I can't explain it. I just loved it so much. I love this mission. God really had a hand in sending me here. I know that. I cannot imagine myself serving anywhere else. I love it so much. Well anyways, I hope you are all doing well.Armastusega,Vanem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment