Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter...

Happy Easter!! Remember Easter a year ago? My farewell, birthday, and Easter! Wow. Time is flying. Wow what a week its been. haha. It was just busy. We have stepped back from Maarja. We are just giving her time now. Mikk was out of town this weekend (friday was a holy holiday) so we couldn't teach him. Alot of investigators actually left for the weekend. We have been going on a lot of splits which is way nice and its been a lot of fun. We were delivering conference invites to inactives this week and I was 'senior companion' a little bit and its crazy. Being in that position makes you have to do alot more. I could just speak and understand better, I was bolder, and I just had more confidence. Anywyas...story. We went to visit an old lady named luule. So we walk in and shes just smoking. And she kept ignoring me, but it turned out she was just deaf. haha. So we were talking to her when her old daughter comes out and just started screaming. It scared me so bad. She had a dark evil face and I just felt terrible inside. She was screaming and swearing at us and telling us to get out. So that mom yelled back and the daughter went away. I asked if we should leave, but she said no. So we taught her for a second and got out of there. That is the scariest experience thus far on my mission. But it was pretty cool. I just couldn't believe she was yelling at her mom like that. I swear she was posessed. haha. We started new english classes and i love it. Our class is so good. We got two new girls in it and they are way smart. So that has been really fun. They show interest in the church so we'll see. Sadly none came to Conference lame. Elder Hortin left to Tallinn on splits and Elder Barnes came down here (he's good friends with Sisar Richey...she's the Finn from the MTC that I was related too) We get along really well so that was fun. I got to be senior companion for the day. Answer phone calls and set up lessons. I loved it. haha. Cool thing is Elder Barnes speaks Russian. So we went to an investigators house that speaks Russian and Estonian. So we taught him, and he accepted a baptismal date!!! So May 1st. Alexander will be baptized. That was exciting. Then we just went contacting a bunch in center. That is my favorite thing to do. I actually learned a good lesson too. With the language I have had my faith in me instead of God. So when I went contacting I just forgot about myself and remembered the message and the words to say just flowed. I understood people and ah! It was just great. Then on Staurday it was Elder Grays birthday and I set up lessons and everything. That one day of Senior Companionship just showed that I can do it and gave me so much more confidence. Well conference was great! I saw a couple sessions in Estonian. I understood about 40 percent which is better compared to my 5 percent last November. Then I saw a couple sessions in English. It was so good to just hear and be fed by our leaders. We are going to watch them next week in English. I can't wait. We also have zone conference on Saturday. I am excited. Then next Monday is my big 21 BDAY! I want letters. From anybody. haha. I am way excited. I'll be sure to send pictures. Anyways. More earthquakes I hear. That is scary. Signs of the times. Well thats all this week.
Armastusega

Elder Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment