Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello!

Hello,
Well I have had a big week here. I was made District Leader over Tartu and then all of my district was transferred. So I am the only one here righ tnow in Tartu. It wasn't really a surprise to get called, but man there is alot of work to do. I am now just getting the hang of it. I am senior companion now too and my district is so young. I am the oldest missionary out. My companion has been out for 6 weeks. His name is Elder Elmer and he is from Las Vegas. He is way good at the language...way better than I ever was. So it is really fun. The other two elders are Elder McGavin and Elder Lane (whom I helped train). So they were white washed into the area. This is there 4th transfer each. So it has been a big change if anything. My Estonian has already improved just from Wednesday. I am speaking all the time now, and I am understanding members that I never thought possible. I am also paying bills and all this stuff in Estonian. So I think its safe to say that things are coming well. It has just been so busy though. Elder Elmer doesn't really have an opinion about anything yet and I am not used to planning days but its been good. We taught a bunch of lessons this week which was cool. Plus I have been working with a less active named Luule and she finally came to church. That was awesome. We were able to teach Liis, Peeter, and Kärt. It was so much fun. Kärt made us the best sushi I have ever had. We had a way good discussion with them about the church and it was just a really fun night. I love them. Plus, I could understand their estonian as well. haha. Its so crazy. Tartu has two baptismal dates. Hopefully three soon. But the two haven't come to church yet. So we are hoping. I have been calling some of my old contacts from back when I first lived here and I got hold of a guy that miraculously remembered me contacting him back in September. At the time he wanted to quit drinking, and he still wants too. So I have a meeting set up with him this week. So that was awesome. Well it is all going good! The work is booming. I am excited to see what this next transfer brings. It will be way fun.
Armastusega,
Vanem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment