Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22nd...

Sveki!!Well hello. Boy do I have so huge news! So last week when I wrote I was in Riiga. I was doing some training with the Assistants and President wanted to meet with me. So we met. He informed me that I was being called to Liapaja (lee a pie a) Latvia, Latvian speaking. I was, and still am shocked about it. I, in the beginning, was not comfortable with the idea at all. Not at all. I have 18 weeks left, and this is the time of my mission where I should be rocking it with the language, loving it, and baptizing everyone. So I was just shocked. President gave me a few days to think about it. So in the mean time we had a General Authority visiting the mission President Schwitzer. He taught us for zone conference-which I spent in Latvia. At this time I was struggling and so I was able to meet with him. We talked and he told me that I needed to follow my mission president because he is called of the Lord. So I went home, prayed some more, and had my interview with President Dance again. I asked him why. He said he had been asking the same question and the only answer that came was "there is someone for you." So how could I say no to that. So I am not in Liapaja, Latvia. My language has been switched to Latvian and I am now learning it. I am one of the first Estonians to ever get switched to Latvian, so it is a huge surprise to everybody. I am in a three-some companionship again which is really nice. We can teach whoever we want now. Liapaja is beautiful. I haven't really gotten to see much. I got here on Saturday night and we were at church during the daylight, so its still a mystery to me. It is a coastal city like Parnu so that is way fun. You know how much I love that. The church here is beautiful. It was built a year ago and its really impressive. Nicest building I have seen. The branch is quite small. There are 40 active members and apparantly hundreds of non actives. I was told that the church was persacuted pretty heavily so a lot have fallen away. So this week has definitely been a faith tester, and a faith builder. We say that we are willing to follow the Lord, but I didn't know if I could really do it. Its going to be so hard. Yes, I know how to teach and be a missionary, I have those skills. But speaking a new language is going to be brutal. Yes it isn't as hard as Estonian, but still. Its another language. I was able to speak on Sunday, and my companion just translated for me. They seemed to enjoy it. So ya. That is my big news. My faith has definielty been strengthened though. I got the call, and I had to take it ya know? I am really sad not to be in Estonia, but what an adventure this is. I am trying to just keep the positive and move forward with it. As far as Tallinn and all the work there, I have no idea. I can't have contact with anyone because we are in seperate countries now and I can't call. We have two baptisms here on Saturday and a few more coming up in the next month. We are celebrating thanksgiving today, so happy thanksgiving!!! haha. I am excited about that. I am grateful I am out here even though you sometimes get slapped in the face. But its good. I love the work, and I love the church. Have a great week and we will definitely talk next week. Armastusega,Vanem Boyce or now Elders Boyce My address. Elder BoyceBaltic MissionCesu iela 31-2k2Riga, Lv-1012LatviaIts just the mission home address. So there ya go. Send me letters and love. I am going to need them. :)Ma kirjutan oma eestlastele. Ma armastan teid nii v 6ga ja igatsen teid. Ma loodan et ma saan tulla tagasi kunagi ja et ma saan n6ha teid veel. Kirjuta mulle ma tahan kuulda kuidas teil elud on. N6aeme tulevikus. Jumalaga,Vanem Boyce

3 comments:

  1. Ole tubli, me igatseme sind ka :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igatsen sind tagasi eestisse :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you! You must be excellent to be given such a chance :) When you come back from your mission you'll be able to teach me some Latvian :D
    But, I don't know if you got my postcard... now that you're in Latvia! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete