Monday, November 29, 2010

Latvia...

Hello everyone.Latvia. I still can't really believe I am here. You are right, this town is beautiful. Theres no doubt about that. We have an old church right out our window and the bell rings all the time, the streets are all cobble stone, and they have a delicious bakery. But the language is completely different from Estonian. I don't have much time to really study it, so I just pretty much sit in lessons all day. Day dream a lot. haha. But it is going good. I do a lot of hearing and copying. I still can't tell the differnce between latvian and Russian, but I am sure it will come. I have enjoyed seeing how I dont need to speak the language to make friends with people. There is a member named Gunars and he is hilarious. We have never spoken a word, but we are way good friends. haha. Its crazy how that works. I will admit I was pretty down this week. I mean it snowed, its freezing, and I should be in Estonia during all of that, but we got to work and I slowly just forgot about it, and felt a lot better. We got a trainee. So my companion is pretty much training two people-but I got the missionary part down. Its funny. Our companion is Elder Koltko from Ithaka New York. He reminds me of a hallmark card the way he talks. But he's way good. We had 2 baptisms on Saturday here!!!! Wahoooo!!!!! Two men actually. They both recieved the priesthood on sunday which was completely awesome. So that was very exciting to see. We had a huge thanksgiving feast last week full of turkey and mashed potatoes. I love it. haha. Like I said it snowed and got freezing here. It went from 12 degrees two weeks ago to minus 12 degrees. Crazy. So its that time of year again. haha. But everything is going so good. Don't forget me in your prayers. I need them for this language. I want to do all Gods wants to me to do here. So I will do my best. Armastusega,Elders Boyce****Eestlased. Armastan teid. Ma tulen tagasi kunagi. Ma luban. Ka, tervita Helmi, ja Nadezda minu eest. Armastusega,Boyce

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Boyce: My gosh! That weather! That temperature change! You have my every sympathy.

    One quick question, though: What does it mean when you say that Elder Koltko "reminds [you] of a Hallmark card the way he talks"? Just wondering. :-)

    Sincerely,

    Mark Koltko-Rivera, Ph.D.
    Returned Missionary, Japan Okayama Mission
    (and, yes--Viktor's dad)

    ReplyDelete