Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10th...

Hello Everyone!!
Its been really really good to be back. The first week has been kind of interesting. I kind of had a freak out this last week with Elder Jenkins. He just laughed at me. But I had a couple of days where I was just thinking 'wow, this is really coming to a close' and 'i don't want to face reality' or 'i like money just coming out of the ATM every month.' But I was standing on the bus and just told myself to suck it up. Enjoy the time I have. So its been really good. We have just been talking about how we need some excitement though. So I was thinking I would share a secret with you. The thing that makes missionaries most happy; Do you want to know? If I tell you though, you are obligated to fulfill it. Okay. Tangible PICTURES and LETTERS. I am dying for some family/friend pictures and not just through email. Some printed so I can show you all off. And I am dying for some letters. I don't even care who they are from. I need someone to write. Its sad going to the mailbox and having nothing. Somebody do me a solid and have a random girl write me. It would just make my life and Elder Jenkins life more complete. Okay enough of that. I have stories to share. First off, its nice to be back and teach a lesson. I missed teaching people in Estonian. I just know how to do it. We taught a female member (i have to leave out names) and she is so awesome. Her husband is divorcing her because she has sicknesses which is way lame. But even though she is going through a ton she is still just so positive. We taught her and she was so happy. She is planning on trying out for Estonian Superstar (which is like American Idol) and she wants to go to America. She just has plans. We went to the market to help her shop and carry groceries. On the way she slipped and fell, but she got up, laughed it off, and said it happens and kept smiling. I was just really impressed by her. Then Elder Jenkins and I found a guy and pulled him to the teaching center. We taught a great first lesson with him and committed him to baptism. He immediately said yes. Then by the end of the lesson he just changed. He got all hard and wouldn't give us his phone number or anyway to contact him. We asked him how he was going to be baptized if we can't contact him. He said 'well God put us together once, if its his will, he will do it again.' You would be surprised at how often we hear that. They just don't seem to realize that maybe that was their chance. So it was to bad, but at least we tried to help him. Then funny story. After church yesterday we went to visit a less active member. We walked for about 30 minutes to get there-sliding everywhere on the snow and ice. We got to her apartment just in time to see her get into a cab, wave at us, and drive away. Flip. What are the odds. It was pretty funny though. Thats a good thing about being with Elder Jenkins. When something happens, we just laugh. We hit our 1.5 years in the field mark. So we celebrated by have frozen hot chocolate. It was delicious. So I have been doing the Book Of Mormon challenge. I have noticed everywhere in 1 Nephi that it says over and over 'keep my commandments and you will prosper.' Its that simple. We need to head that council. I love you all. I am grateful for your friendship and support.
Armastusega,
Vanem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment