Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24th...

Hello everyone!!!
I have a Funny story (well funny to me!!!)-whenever I show pictures of my family to people I hear 'models, actors, beautiful, classy, or just very nice.' But the other day I heard 'your family looks like they are from a soap opera!' It made me laugh. Well this week has been good. First off, my thoughts have changed. So for a long time I thougth it would be awesome to get home, possible move away, go travel and study etc. I did not want to get married right away as well. But something has totally changed in me. Maybe I am growing up (ha) or maybe, I don't know, I am just realizing other important things, but I am really excited to get home and get married. haha. It just sounds really fun for me. Anyways, that was my big huge epiphony of the week. We had a cool miracle. We had a lesson set up and a member ready to come to it. We all got together, but the lesson didn't show up. So as we were standing there a guy walks up to me and stares at me for a second and starts to walk away. So I said Hello, we started talking, I invited him in to talk and he agreed. That was on Wednesday, and we have already taught him 3 times now. The member did awesome in teaching him-I was way surprised and proud. His name is Sergei and he is way cool. He is way religious and he is Russian Orthodox. Our second lesson he had read 69 pages of the book of mormon. How awesome is that!!! He doesn't really understand authority and I think its partly because he doesn't know Estonian the best, so we teach in english, but he doesn't understand 100 percent in english either. We have been trying to get people there that speak Russian to translate and its been helpful. So we are really excited about him. But sadly we have to pass him to the other Elders because he lives in there area. But its all good. We have a lot of people in the pool righ tnow, and everything is going good. So that was my big, cool news this week. We are going to paint a members place today for Pday. So that will be something different to do, and I finally get to learn how to paint. Anyways, I love you all. Have good week and pray for Estonia!!!
Armastusega,
Venem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment