Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31st...

Tere,
Well this week has just been awesome!! We have been knocking a lot. I am tired of contacting in center all the time, so we just knock in the evenings now. Its been a lot of fun. I had a cool miracle. We had been knocking and it was freezing and nobody was letting us in. We were just finishing up a building when I looked across the street to another building. The porch light turned on. So I thought to myself...sign from God? Well after I thought that I knew I had to go knock that building. So we knocked it but nobody answered. The second to the last door though a man answered. He seemed kind of interested. Then he shouted into his house if anybody wants to talk with the Mormons. We heard his daughter squealed with laughter. But once she came out and saw us, she wasn't laughing anymore. She was flirting. haha. But anyways, the mom and dad let us in. We taught them and it just went very well. They were very hesitant about us coming back though and wouldn't set up a direct time. But we left a Book of Mormon with them as that was really all we could do. But it was fun to see that if you follow the lights, you find a family. haha. Also we found out that the branch president in Pärnu is getting married!! He has been dating one of the recent converts for a month and they are getting married!! We are way excited for him. It will be so awesome. Pärnu needs it. Also I was cutting my hair and guess what I saw.....GRAY!! Flip. What is that all about. Granted there were like four pieces, but still. They are in existence now. So I cut them all off. But i couldn't believe it. On Sunday a few members came down from Tallinn so it was really fun to see them. I also spoke on Sunday. My topic was Mosiah 2:21-22. You should be there in the reading if you are doing my challenge correctly...or be there soon. But that was really fun for me. Tiina-our Estonian teacher and member-helped me with all my grammar. But people told me that I pronounced stuff very well. haha. So that was really fun. We haven't really found any new investigators this week. Our pool is getting shallower but we are trying to find like crazy. So we'll see what happens. I am really excited to be out of January. I just am not a fan of it. You have to get used to the new year, and writing 2011 not 2010. Its cold, and long. But its over now. haha. Happiness is coming in the form of February. When we get 0 degrees here, I am feeling warm. What's happened to me? haha. We got a lady that's been kind of less active back to church so that was exciting. She missed one Sunday, then another, then another. So she felt stupid coming back. But we taught with the branch president here and she was there on Sunday. That was exciting. Transfers...I have no idea what's going to happen. I really haven't thought about it. Its not for another few weeks..17th...we'll see. I hope I stay the same but who knows. Zone conference on Thursday...it may be my last one! Now that's scary. Anyways. I love you family. Keep being awesome!!
Armastusega,
Vanem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment