Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25th...

Hello!!!
Riiga was fun. My language was worthless. You have no idea how I felt when we stopped in Parnu and I was able to buy a piece of cake in Estonian. I loved it. haha. The small and simple things. We have had a great week. So many intersting things happened. I hit my 18 month mark on Saturday. I had no idea that I was so old. haha. So to celebrate a new convert invited us over for dinner (it was her 2 month mark as a member). So Elder Baird and I planned the coolest lesson for them. They made us blood sausage, and I ate it. I must say, it was actually pretty good. I am a fan now. Then we read about Captain Moroni and the title of liberty. So my companion got up and ripped his shirt off-just like Moroni- and we made there own title of liberty as a family. It was so awesome. They were so shocked. Then we burnt a shirt for Me, Elder Baird, Elder Jenkins, and Triinu (the member). It was a really fun way to celebrate. But also that afternoon we set a booth up in the park. We flooded the park with all 10 missionaries for about two hours. We had a sign in Russian and Estonian talking about our church and what we believe. Of course we had hecklers, but we found some good people as well. I was able to set two lessons up for tomorrow as were the other Elders. So it was a complete success. And it has been snowing but for the time we were in the park the weather was perfect. We sang hymns, contacted, and just had a geat time. It was awesome. So its been a really great week. Elder Baird and I definitely have differences, but we teach so well together. Its awesome. Just know that I am embracing my mission. 100 percent. I don't want regrets, and so far, I have none. I love it out here. Thank you. I love you all so much!
Armastusega,
Vanem Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment